and then rides all around it on her bike.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

this is HARDLY going to be worth it.

I do have reasons for why I haven't been posting. I could list them, even. I guess I will:

1. I'm busy.
Full time work and even fuller time roommates! AND and I kind of have a bit of a social life these days! For those of you who are unfamiliar with this thought, since it never came up in my other blogs, it's when I spend a lot of time with people, often even people my age, and we "do stuff." I know. I kind of like it.

2. I don't have a reliable internet connection.
We're currently smurfing off an open wireless network named "allison," the only one of about twenty networks I pick up from our house that doesn't require a password. Allison's nice and all, but sometimes she's in the mood to connect with me, and sometimes she isn't. Often she isn't. And I just can't ever predict her mood, and I don't know what to say to make it better when she's not talking to me...

ok, enough of that.
We're going to be getting real internet of our own soon. You know. "Soon."


3. I left my camera cord at home!
(This is maybe the most important reason.)
It's so frustrating, to know that I have a million great pictures (or maybe more like 100, and that's actually not an exaggeration) that I'd like to share, but can't share... so I've been dragging my feet with posting, because what good is a post when the potential for great pictures is so close but so far away? Just kind of makes me sad...

;)


That said, I've been doing well. My foot is almost totally not broken anymore, and I've been trekking all over town, seeing all sorts of things, taking pictures of anything that looks even minorly important and several things that clearly aren't of any importance at all. And I found the river, that was good. I'm missing the Mississippi. Or the South China Sea. Or Lake Michigan (I know, so exotic).

My dad is doing well. He went home from the hospital two days ago, working on learning what life post-transplant looks like. It's all still pretty unbelievable.

And my job pretty much great. We're having a gala tonight to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Fancy fancy!

And actually, I have to go to work now.

1 comment:

Skdo said...

Good luck with Allison. Wow - 20 connections? All those coffee shops? Well, heck, lil' lady, you're livin' in the big city!

Here in Jerusalem, I think maybe 3 households have wireless and we have no coffee shops. Although one restaurant, owned by Minky's 2nd grade teacher's brother (everyone is related/connected here), has a "coffee corner" with some hard iron chairs. It's just not the same...